Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I delivered a baby today...

So... I am in my OB/Gyn rotation this month and I delivered a wonderful healthy baby boy today.  It's pretty amazing to be the one that helps bring the little rascal into the world for the first time.  The doctor I am training with talked me through the entire process and the delivery was very smooth and quick.  I still think delivery of a baby is one of the coolest parts in medicine.  Later in the day we did a C-section and we delivered a little girl.  Pretty exciting day.

I feel I am pretty prepared for our delivery process now since I know whats going to be happening and all the medicine behind it.  I just hope our little Addison is healthy and that delivery goes quick and easy.

Sorry we haven't updated in a long time.  We've been busy.  Oh yeah the other day I was 1st assist in another surgery... a laproscopic assisted  bilateral salpingo oophorectomy (LAP BSO) (basically we removed teh ovaries).  It was so much fun.  I like to work with my hands and so this was pretty rewarding and I was very comfortable assisting, running the laproscope and equipment during surgery.

Anyway... I just got home from a 13 hour day at the hospital so it's time for bed.

Good night. 
Jonathan

3 comments:

  1. Hey Jon,

    It is good to hear you are having fun, and putting all the hard studying to good use!!! You can look at it this way you will be well practiced when it comes time for you and hannah!!! Well I will hopefully see you and talk to you soon!!
    Love your favorite sister in law!!!
    Lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cool!! I think that would be one of the most rewarding things to do, delivering a baby. I'm glad things are going so well for you :D

    Love,
    Jana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for yall and I wish that we could be with yall so badly! We will be thinking of yall in the next few days... We love yall!

    ReplyDelete